List of open Vacancies
Dockwise is growing. The company currently employs 1,200 people, who are active in several markets for the transportation of a wide variety of cargoes. We are constantly looking for talented, passionate employees who have the right qualifications to travel with us on our challenging journey! Take a look at the vacancies and step aboard. You can view vacancies in one of our international offices, by selecting a city name on the left.
Senior Structural Engineer
Analyzes and designs various offshore structures, including fixed and floating offshore structure and providing technical support for Heavy Marine Transport, as well as field supporting of various Dockwise onshore or offshore projects. Helps to manage offshore structural projects and leads a project structural team.
- Structure design, analysis, calculation, sketch and report for offshore engineering and transportation projects.
- Answers enquiries through collection, analysis and use of all necessary information needed for a successful acquisitions process or project.
- Checks and approves documents received from external clients.
- Prepares offshore engineering and transport documents, has them checked and approved for both internal and external clients (MWS).
- Manages some offshore engineering projects independently.
- Helps the Lead Structural Engineer to lead and train structure engineers.
- Field support of various Dockwise onshore or offshore projects.
- Provides engineering advice and support to other disciplines as well as external parties, using industry standard and / or manual calculations.
- Offers (un)requested advice to ensure a safe and successful project execution.
- Assists in the development and improvement of SE tools and methods.
- Does research, shares this knowledge with colleagues and develops, prepares and maintains engineering tools and guidelines for future use.
- Researches and development of materials used and working methods (technology development for new activities such as float over installations; e.g. design of load transfer systems and related analysis tools including interaction with fenders and shock absorbers. etc).
- Gives support to contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of the business processes within the section.
- Analyzes processes and working methods and initiates improvements.
- Bachelor or above degree in naval architecture or offshore engineering.
- Above 5 years of offshore structural design/analysis work experiences preferred.
- Trained in the field of naval architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, with a focus on structural engineering.
- Able to read drawing or sketch and do hand calculation for simple structures.
- Proficient with FEA analysis with ANSYS and understanding structural design principles.
- Experience of Jacket design with SACS is a plus.
- Familiar with the codes/standards of DNV; API; ABS etc.
- MS Office
- SACS or ANSYS
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, both verbally and in writing
- Analytical and conceptual skills
- Continuous Improvement
- Teamwork skills
- Communication skills
- Sense of Responsibility
- Project management skills
- Engaging international working environment in a modern working location
- Challenging position with corresponding responsibilities
- Excellent remuneration package
- Wide range of career opportunities, personal and professional growth
Ellen Wang, Telephone: +86(0)21 61570500
Please send your resume with motivation letter by mail stating the position you are applying to in the title.
Disclaimer: To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Dockwise. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Dockwise does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Dockwise employees or any other company location. Dockwise is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.